Wednesday, April 30, 2008

What Can Be Done to Keep Gas Prices Down?

As I spoke of previously car dealers are having a difficult time selling vehicles with the high gas prices. Is there anything that could help to decrease the price of gas? Personally, I feel as though there are many things that can be done to lower gas prices. I truly believe the first step needs to come from one of two places: the President of the United States and Governmental Agencies or the Oil Companies. The government could implement price caps or increase taxes on oil corporations, but I guess the financial backing of oil companies is more important than the backing of the American people. I guess I was wrong to think that the American people were the most important issue concerning the government. However, the government is not the only source with the power to make an impact. The Oil Companies could do their part to prevent prices from skyrocketing, but they are too concerned with their profit margins. It seems as though the only people who are not concerned with high gas prices are those who are making a profit from it. To me the importance of making profits is one of the reasons our economy is in the position it is right now.

No comments: